Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Finance Warm-Up

Today we had the Finance workshop, and I'm really tired, mostly from getting up early the previous two days. I should mention that despite my complaints about yesterday's basic math, Professor Jeff McGill is a great prof, and is very enthusiastic about the things he teaches, even if they're at the elementary level.

Professor Louis Gagnon is equally enthusiastic, if not more, in the classroom. The morning was interesting, in the sense that the material covered was basically from the finance and accounting workbook, but I found the instruction engaging and easier to understand than the book. The afternoon was more challenging as people tend to experience a lack of oxygen in their brains, but in all fairness there were some interesting topics discussed.

This has felt like a long week already, and I'm already looking forward to sleeping in Friday. In exchange for having all that time to do all that prep work because I was almost free of actual work, I gotta really get used to getting up early, a challenge that probably wouldn't exist had I been working in a normal office the past little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment