Thursday, May 7, 2009

Accounting Warm-Up

We had the accounting workshop today. Professor John Moore is an excellent teacher with a great sense of humour, who have won many teaching awards - rightfully so. He makes the subject of accounting very intersting and easy to understand.

I have to say that for someone with no accounting background, having read through the accounting and finance workbook helped a lot (in fact, also helped a lot in yesterday's finance class). I could tell from the way that some people asked/answered questions, that they hadn't read particular sections of the book. Although, while I understood everything, I still need to be more familiar with them, so that essentially I'd be able to tell what's going on more quickly from the numbers.

To keep up with the socializing aspect, people are meeting up at The Iron Duke later this evening. It has just occurred to me as I'm typing this, that this should've been the point four club kickoff, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment