Sunday, June 7, 2009

Statistics, Economics, Kingston Venture Tour

Appleseed's week

"Intense" is definitely the word to summarize the week. My perception of time is very confusing right now. Sometimes things are so intense that I'm totally unaware of time passing. At the same time, because everyday is so packed, at the end of the week I usually feel like I've lived a month.

We didn't need to go back to class after the stats quiz, which was excellent because it provided me with the only time slot in the entire week when I could make the visit that I needed to make to the health centre. The two assignments (and the one coming up on Wednesday) had been a lot of work, but also great opportunities for good discussions and to learn from fellow team members. We could've probably completed the assignments individually, but the quality would be nowhere near what we produced as a team.

I am again scrambling to find time to read economics, which I will do right after I finish writing this. Ramzi from last year's class talks about this week's courses here, and I especially agree with what he said about Professor McHale. Hence, the lectures themselves are fairly difficult for me to understand, and as someone who can usually do without reading textbooks, I found it a must to read the books (which, by the way, are very well written) of this course.

On Thursday, we had our Kingston Venture Tour, which Appleseed talked about here. The setup was the same, and we definitely got to see some very cool companies and learned a great deal. The point four afterwards was at the grad pub for their trivial night, which I heard was great. That night I put together the economics assignment and went home to sleep instead, which I believe was the better option for my well-being at that point in time.

This week we also held the election for the executive council. There was a fair bit of competition for every position, and I heard that this was the first time ever when a proper private voting booth was set up. The elections committee really did a great job, and now everyone's looking forward to putting the exec council to work.

You can probably tell that in addition to scrambling for time for economics, I'm also scrambling for time I spend on this blog. I'm hoping to post every week(end-ish), and I have to say that having Appleseed's blog as a reference has made it much easier for me. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the posts, your doing great! Trust me when I say "it will only get harder" to keep the blog going, but it is worth it.

    ReplyDelete