Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Prep Materials Arrived

Today I received a package from Queen's. Appleseed documented the contents of his package, which were much the same as what I received:

Pre-Study

I am definitely going to go over these materials word for word. It'll take a lot of time, but it's worth it if it makes the workload a little easier to manage when I'm actually in the program.

The introductory letter states that I should've been notified by email about access to the class portal, which has not happened. I'm going to email the IT helpdesk about the detailed requirements for a laptop, as well as to inquire into the portal situation (most likely just a delay, as Appleseed mentioned in his blog last year).

2 comments:

  1. I called the office yesterday re: the portal and haven't heard back yet. I'm pretty sure there's just a delay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you complete all the financial accounting stuff. It will help you out quite a bit. Don't worry about the portal. It isn't of much use until after the program starts. Facebook will allow you to reach your future classmates. Oh ya, if you are not absolutely fluent in excel try to complete the tutorials. They are a bit tedious, but you pick-up lots of shortcuts and added functions that will save you a lot of time later on when you need it most.

    -Appleseed

    ReplyDelete