Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Uniquely Queen's

I read the Queen's brochure, which just continued to impress me. Specifically, I was impressed with the following aspects (that I may or may not have known before, but was just outlined more clearly for me - in no particular order):
  • Dedicated team-rooms. I wasn't sure that after years of being in the corporate environment, if I could stand being a student again, with no assigned desk, hauling my bags of laptop and books around wherever I went. The team rooms just make the logistics of getting around and meeting up with team members that much easier.

  • Fit to lead. I hesitate to say that I'm unfit, but I'm definitely not the fittest. It should be interesting to see what this program has to offer.

  • Personal assessment/coaching. Just adds a personal touch to things!

  • Professional team facilitator. They're actually hired professionals, but also independent of the program, so they can focus specifically on teamwork issues that students encounter.
  • Professional designation. I'm possibly interested in a PMP, so this is good for me.

  • Incredible personal support. Somebody buys my books and delivers them to my desk. Somebody prints out powerpoint presentations and delivers them to my seat in class. This is too good to be the life of a student.

Most of these I have not seen offered at other business schools. I got very excited at the prospect of visiting Queen's.

No comments:

Post a Comment