Thursday, October 8, 2009

Exams, Interviews, Outlook

I thought I had blogged last weekend, but I guess not. Exams last week were not much of a surprise - they were okay for people who devoted massive amounts of time to studying, which is almost nobody. I won't go into a rant here about people who could in fact afford the time to study. The rest of us in survival mode weren't slaughtered, but our ol' rankings are definitely taking a hit.

Getting invitations to first and second round interviews have been incredibly competitive, and many are disappointed by reality. But life goes on, and it's not the end of the world to do job search on your own outside of OCR.

I'm in a quasi-panicking mode, looking at work for the next module. We're definitely shifting to the qualitative components and I don't know how I'm going to write all those papers. I've been able to wing it so far, but it is incredibly difficult and takes unbelievably long for me to write anything (yes, that includes this blog). No idea how to deal with multiple papers. I guess we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment