Tuesday, April 21, 2009

T minus 10 days

Since apparently countdowns are a popular theme around this time of year, I'm going join the club.

So I've finally started to pack. Haha. I'm a little delirious at this point. Still can't believe I'm doing this. But only ten days till I move, and my life is going to drastically change.

What's new:
  • Signed loan documents and have student account set up with Royal Bank - ready to go financially.
  • Finalized housing arrangements - made some atypical choices but I think it'll work for me. (There will be a separate post.) Have place to live for the next 12 months.
  • Read all I have to read from the annoying business statistics book, and finished all Excel tutorials.
  • Handed in all assignments given by the career centre - forgot if I mentioned this before, we basically had a couple of questionnaires to complete as well as a resume, so that the career centre will be prepared to work with us as soon as the program starts.
  • Got a couple of books recommended by the career centre's reading list: Barbara Minto's The Pyramid Principle (but no, I did not exactly spend $125) and Marc Cosentino's Case in Point. The materials presented in these books coincide with my personal interest and intended career in consulting.
  • Received schedule for the first week of school, which is similar to last year's schedule.

What's still outstanding:

  • Two more chapters of the finance and accounting workbook to go.
  • Three more papers/cases to read.
  • Would like to get started on economics, since I have no background whatsoever.
  • Serious packing!

Now back to the outstanding items.

No comments:

Post a Comment